Sponsored job vacancy by London Marathon Events.
At the heart of our company are the inspirational events that have transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
From the London Marathon, the world’s largest annual one day funding raising event, to RideLondon, the world’s greatest festival of cycling, we produce and nurture our event portfolio to engage and inspire all ages, demographics and abilities to feel the power and good of mass participation events.
We are looking for an Event Experience Director who understands that customer first is not just a phrase; it is a passion, a belief. This will drive them and their team to challenge the norm, revel in the extra-ordinary and deliver events that make history. If you think you can make the difference we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
- Ensuring all events are delivered to the highest operational standards within budget
- Providing day-to-day leadership and management of LME’s Event Experience Department
- Developing new, innovative and cost-effective ways of ensuring our customers have amazing event experiences while participating in or watching our events
- Setting (in conjunction with the Head of Financial Planning, the Event Director and the Event Leads) the operational budgets and ensuring our events are delivered within those budgets
- Providing management and development to all teams within the Event Experience department. Teams include Venue Operations, Route Operations, Transport and Logistics and Elite Sport.
- Developing and maintaining great working relationships with all members of the Executive Leadership team.
- Liaising with and developing the Event Steering Group to ensure our events deliver a first-class customer experience
Required Technical Skills:
- Understanding of crowd dynamics and human behaviour
- Understanding of SAG process and all aspects of event licensing
- Knowledge and practical experience of Purple Guide
- Working knowledge of GIS mapping software (ideally Iventis)
- Proven experience in complex event design, workforce management, crowd management, stakeholder management and event logistics for large complex events
- Ability to lead and develop senior team members and a department that spends in excess of £18 million per annum
- Proven experience in complex stakeholder management, including local authorities, government departments and blue light services.
- Excellent focus on the customer experience and in working in a customer-centric organisation
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter summarising how you meet the main points of the role’s requirements (no more than two pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: noon on Friday 3 March 2023.