Spektrum Talent is a new agency from the founders of Label Worx and York Artist Management.
Co-founded by Label Worx’s Matt Abbott and York Artist Management’s Phil York, Spektrum Talent builds on over two decade’s worth of experience in artist management, bookings, label management and distribution as Beatport’s largest supplier of dance music.
The new company launches to be a new breed of booking and management agency. The agency will be handling every aspect of an artist’s career from the building blocks of their music, brand and social media to breaking new global markets and exposing them to new fans around the world.
Abbott and York commented: “We believe the key to being a more successful artist lies in synchronicity. Traditionally, booking agents look after bookings; managers look after your busy schedule and releases; PR teams look after your brand and social media, and a distributor makes sure your music is in the right place.
“This usually means nothing is fully working in sync. By bringing everything in-house at Spektrum, we can ensure that everything lines up perfectly, giving our artists peace of mind and allowing them to completely focus on creating and performing.”
As the co-CEO of Label Worx alongside Chris Chambers, Matt Abbott’s vision and determination have resulted in Label Worx becoming the biggest and most successful digital distributor in dance music.
Abbott has recently been re-elected to the board of the Association for Electronic Music (AFEM) to serve the second of his two-year terms.
The director and founder of York Artist Management, Phil York has built his agency from a small underground management company into one of the world’s leading boutique booking agencies in the space of just over six years.
Already signed to Spektrum are a number of cutting-edge electronic artists including:
- DJ S.K.T (Kiss FM, Defected)
- Gaist (Elevate, IAMT), GAWP (Dirtybird, This Ain’t Bristol)
- Jerome Isma-ae (Jee Productions, Suara)
- Mindek (Stashed, Whartone)
- Rene Amesz (Toolroom, Suara)
- Son Of 8 (Armada Deep, SPRS)
Label Worx’s storied history in A&R and music distribution will ensure that Spektrum artists’ music will be exploited through every possible channel in harmony their performance schedule.
The full range of benefits offered by Spektrum can be individually tailored to an artist’s needs, with services including:
- Full label management
- Access to world-class mixing and mastering engineers
- Targeted Spotify marketing and banner placement
- Social media verification
- Printed press and online PR
- DJ chart featuring and placement
- Advice on forthcoming music trends
- Close relationships with top labels to help get your music signed
- Social media tools & advice for advanced fan engagement
- Release marketing
- Help building & maintaining streaming profile & Spotify management
- Release strategies around tours & key events
- Social, Live & DJ Mag streaming events
Spektrum Talent is also recruiting a booking agent to pro-actively find and handle booking requests for its roster of talent, with a minimum of two years’ experience as an agent in the electronic music scene in the UK and Europe.